Monday, February 21, 2011

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Ok, so I know I'm little (actually a lot) late, but I just saw this movie.  Overall, I give it a B, but I'm not really here to write a review about the movie, at least tonight.  I wanted to point out a few elements that could have made this an Assassin's Creed movie.  The scaling of the walls, the jumping from rooftop to rooftop with guards chasing.  The standing on a perch while the camera did a 360 degree pan of the city..  little things like this instantly had me thinking about the game.  I mean, even the little details like the white cloths (which in the game signified where a good run starts.) 

I'm not complaining, just pointing out.  As for the story, his father gets killed and he seeks revenge (like the game) (which is also a general basis for many movies.. so I'm not really sure I can use that one in this case - but it's still there.)  He kills corrupt people of power, much like the game.

In all honesty, I think they could have changed a few names in the story and pulled off an Assassin's Creed movie with a time element twist.  Not to mention, in the game, the time element resides in the "Animus".  So, time travel/time alteration is still there.

Just a few points to think about.  Have a different opinion?  Let's talk about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment